Noble Teens: A Club that Gives Back

Noble Teens: A Club that Gives Back

Taquoia Kilby, Staff Writer

There are many Clubs at Tallwood High, but most people don’t know about Noble Teens. Noble Teens is a group of generous teenagers giving back to the community. Noble Teens accomplishes various community service projects throughout the year. The club supports the following: Care by community, the toy drive, The Prom, at the beginning of the year they do art projects for countries that have been hit by natural disasters, and more!

Everyone in Noble Teen loves doing care by community. Some students help cook, help the students do their homework, or make  goodie bags. Care by community is an amazing experience. When you leave you feel like you’ve done a good deed. The kids there are wonderful.

Payton Sinsabaugh, an active Noble Teens member, said, “Care by community is my favorite community project because it makes me feel good and I realize how fortunate I am.” 

The toy drive is one of the best community projects. Members of Noble Teens goes around with a Santa Claus hat all day and collect money. With the money they get, Ms. Murray and Mrs. Harris go out and buy toys. Students can either bring a toy or money. Tifanni Mayes, also an active member in Noble Teens, said, “My favorite community project is the toy drive because I love to see the smiles on the kids face and Christmas is just an amazing time. I feel very content when I give back to the community.”

Noble Teens’ signature project is the Prom. The Prom is for adults with disabilities who weren’t able to attend their prom is high school. Every year there is a different theme. When the day comes, the club leaves Tallwood and goes to a designated church. Then, they start setting everything up. There’s a red carpet, a place where people get their picture taken, and a huge dance floor. By the time they’re done setting up, it’s time for the guests to arrive. When all the attendees arrive, they walk the red carpet, get their picture taken, and grab a bite to eat. After they finish their dinner it’s time to party. Everyone is dancing, singing, and smiling. 

At the beginning of the year, Noble Teens do an art project for countries that have been hit by natural disasters. Last year Noble Teens did pinwheels. There were unique designs; every pinwheel was different. This year, Noble Teens did hands. They traced hands, colored them, and wrote something nice on the front of each (in a different language).

Ms. Murray and Mrs. Harris both say, “I love being the sponsor of Noble Teens. It’s very exciting to see students get excited about giving back to the community.”

All in all, Noble Teens is all about giving back. Gabi Mayes said “Whenever I give back to the community, I feel a sense of satisfaction.”  If you love giving back to your community, then Noble Teens is the club for you.  As Ghandi once said, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”

Photo by Ashley Mallinson.