The student news site of Tallwood High School

Roaring Gazette

• December 31Want to join the Roaring Gazette? Sign up for Journalism class!
  • January 11See Mr. Denvir in rm. A 109 for information about joining the school newspaper!

Roaring Gazette

Roaring Gazette

Pep Rally Starts New Semester with a Bang

Lincey Chu
The Step Team performs at the Pep Rally.

Tallwood High School started the new semester with a bang with its second pep rally on February 2, 2024. This pep rally allowed students to have some fun and start the new semester fresh along with lion lunch coming back as well.

Before the pep rally started an SCA student expressed their thoughts while students were getting ready to come in.

“My mind was kind of like foggy, so much going on and we had to organize everyone, which was a lot but it wasn’t impossible since you’re working with other people you know as a team,” said Lincey Chu, the treasurer for SCA. 

The pep rally starts its opening with the winter sports along with a couple of performances from the cheer and step teams. 

The next activity hosted was the wing eating contest which took students who signed up for the activities to participate along with staff members who wanted to participate as well. 

After was the balloon pop relay race, which allowed students who wanted to participate in the activity to play the game while the audience cheered them on.

Some students expressed their opinions about the recent pep rally along with what should be improved for the next pep rally.

“It was very boring because they didn’t include the dance competition,” said Tallwood senior Olivia Carter. Many students were excited about the dance part of the pep rally, but this was cut because of the time.

The majority of students seemed to have felt the same way and gave feedback on what should be improved for next time. “When we come in there they should be music playing,” said Kyra Miller, a Tallwood senior.

Although there were a few complications with the pep rally the majority of students and staff were still able to have a good time as they were transitioning into the new semester.  “I thought it was entertaining, so it was fun to get the kids together,” said Jason Ordonio, a Tallwood teacher.