Ms. Adams is here for all your school store needs

Ashley Archilla-Ventura

Meet Ms. Ruth Adams- Marketing and Economics teacher, Lion’s Den manager, and DECA club sponsor. Her job as a store manager includes purchasing products, teaching her classes, hosting school sponsored activities on weekdays and weekends. Ms. Adams argues that the busiest selling times are open house night and the week before and during spirit week, specifically homecoming week.

The Lion’s Den, for those who are unaware, is Tallwood’s school store located on the left side of the commons when you walk in. The store sells school spirit apparel, school supplies, keychains, lanyards, and beverages including: Starbucks Frappuccinos, Gatorade, water bottles, and Brisk Tea. It is open on A days from 10:45-12:15. The Lion’s Den does not accept credit or debit cards.

Many students wonder why the store’s hours are so limited or when the store is open. Ms. Adams is aware of this concern from students and says she is working to resolve this issue. In the near future she will work with the special education alumni and advanced fashion marketing students to provide staff and workers for B days and other occasions. Ms. Mulé’s fashion marketing students also give feedback for clothing and give ideas for ways to promote the store.

Ms. Adams’ favorite part about working at Tallwood is getting to meet students and staff who she usually would not meet in her classroom. She also enjoys providing “great customer service” to the people she interacts with. Ms. Adam’s welcomes feedback from all. Her email is- [email protected].

Below are the stories featured in Volume 3, Issue 3 of The Roaring Gazette.

Students will soon need fewer SOLs to graduate by Aniyah Lewis

2018 Leadership Workshop coming soon! by Cassidy O’Neal

Marching Lions receive a Superior rating by Sotiria Bessinas

The Great Tallwood Divide: Has the academy split Tallwood in two? by Noelani Stachurski

Meet a Lion: Mrs. Yuzhbabenko by Chris Purkiss

Lion Voices: What would you change about Tallwood? by Frances Summers

Teachers’ homework policies vary by Frances Summers

CIEE offers great travel opportunities for students by Bethany Hansel

Ms. Adams is here for all your school store needs by Ashley Archila-Ventura

The homework surplus by Finley Brakke

Virginia schools must aim to teach ALL students by Marissa Goodall

“Jigsaw” a disappointing entry in the “Saw” series by Ashley Malinson