Tallwood students react to recent state election

Chris Purkiss

Many people did not know about the recent election that took place here in Virginia. Most said they did not know who was even running when asked about how they felt about the election.

“I don’t even know who the candidates were,” said Tallwood Sophomore Scott Morelli

For this election, citizens voted for governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, state senate, state house of delegates, and school board. The Democrats won for governor, lieutenant governor, and attorney general.

In a poll, I asked twenty-four people what political party they identified most with and how they felt about this recent election. Twelve were students and twelve were adults.

There were many who felt that they were more liberal, but there were also a few that felt more conservative or didn’t feel much of either.

I found that many people felt positively about the results. “I feel very happy about the election results.” said student Dustin Patch. Another student, Noelani Stachurski, said, “I feel very good about this election.”

There were very few people who felt negatively about the election results. Only three out of the twenty-four said that they were disatisfied.

The rest felt that either they didn’t care or they felt in the middle. Some felt that there was not enough advertisement while others felt that there was too much.

The ones who felt there weren’t enough said that more advertising would get more voters attention and the ones who said there was too much said that it was really annoying.

Below are the stories included in Volume 3, Issue 4 of The Roaring Gazette:

Tallwood to try a one lunch schedule by Aniyah Lewis

Drugs at Tallwood: An honest conversation by Noelani Stachurski

Tallwood students react to recent state election by Chris Purkiss

Lion Voices: What is your favorite class? by Frances Summers

Meet a Lion: Mrs. Zhang by Mitchell Durant

Do grades motivate students? by Khyannia Banks

Meet a Lion: Mr. Jason Ordonio by Aaliyah Alli

U.S. should recognize the contributions of Latina women by Ashley Archila-Ventura

“Kevin (probably) Saves the World” is (definitely) worth your time by Morgana Nicholson

Don’t bother boarding this train by Ashley Mallinson

Blandness reigns at the multiplex by Ashley Mallinson