Three Lunches Test Cafeteria Capacity

Elena Day

Tallwood rumors were confirmed true this week regarding a test run of three lunch blocks instead of four during the week of April 3 to April 6.

Administration sent out papers with the schedule to all teachers to give to students on Wednesday, March 22nd.

Block one was from 7:20 to 8:55, block two was from 9:00 to 10:30. Block three was from 10:35 to 12:35. Lunch one was from 10:35 to 11:05, lunch two was from 11:15 to 11:45, the final lunch will was from 12:05 to 12:35.

“I think the lunch schedule will be less disruptive and will cause less foot traffic in the hallways. Also the fact that students in one of my third block classes has third lunch and the last half hour is often kind of dead time. By the time I get them calmed down there’s really not a full half an hour of class left, so I’m in favor of it,” said Julia Oravetz, English teacher for Tallwood High School.

“The purpose of the change in the lunch schedule is to minimize instructional disruptions for improved learning,” said Dr. James Avila, principal of Tallwood high school.

After renovations, the lunchroom is now able to seat 100 more students. Along with the added lunch tables, a bar was created for more seats and a place for students to charge electronics before class.

“I feel like the changes made to the lunch schedule are unnecessary. It would cause a lot of confusion and adjusting for students,” said Jacob Cody, a Sophomore at Tallwood high school.

Changes are also being considered in other areas in the school, like the LMC. During the summer the LMC will be getting flexible seating. In addition, the inside of the school will be getting repainted our school colors to better show our school spirit.

The beta test lunch schedule, if successful, may be the regular schedule for next year.

Photo be Elena Day.

Below are stories published in the April 7 Issue of The Roaring Gazette.

Meet the Candidates by Cassidy O’Neal

Ring Dance Glamorous and Unforgettable by Kaylyn Neves

Three Lunches Test Cafeteria Capacity by Elena Day

Student Art Wows at the MOCA by Ariana Hernandez

When Senioritis Gets Real by Kayla Smith

Passing Students Just to Pass Them: Why this is Harmful by Dave Nimer

Let’s Face it: Cursive is Dead by Amari McCoy

Schools Should Re-Think Standardized Testing by Tyanna Lamar

Immigration is Great, but the U.S. must Ensure it is Safe, Legal by Dylan Klepk

In a Digital World, Why do Teachers Make us Print? by Marissa Howell

Achieve 3000 Causes Undue Stress by Tyler Dennis

“Kong” an Exciting Set-Up for the Monsterverse by Austin Luciani

Big Sean’s New Album Proves He’s Back by Erin Nathan

Top Ten Wiseguy Films by Charles Romano