Leadership Workshop Nourishes Potential

Aniyah Lewis, News Editor

Students have the opportunity to spend one weekend in February at Triple-R Ranch to partake in a journey into self-awareness and a leap into leadership. From February 9th to 11th, students will be developing leadership skills through team building exercises, group dynamics and other hands-on activities.

This workshop develops not only collaborative skills, but fosters a positive environment for self-growth.  Mrs. Jenna Free, English teacher states, “We want students to leave workshop feeling confident and empowered to come back to Tallwood and make a positive difference.”

Leadership workshop is by the students, of the students,and for the students. This event extends throughout the Virginia Beach district as the precursor to each school’s own Leadership Workshop. It attempts to nourish each student’s potential to be a great leader in whatever it is that they do.

Mrs. Free states, “I’ve seen multiple students almost do a 180 degree turn as a result of going to workshop. You know students who maybe were getting in trouble, maybe not taking school seriously, weren’t very involved,went to workshop, had a great experience and really just became some of the most influential Tallwood Students.”

The applications that are currently out are for students interested in staffing, or running leadership workshop. Applications for Juniors and Seniors seeking to attend the workshop will be available no later than January of 2017.

Photo courtesy of Chris Free, Freestyle Media

https://www.facebook.com/freestylemediaproductions/?ref=page_internal