GSWLA Holds First Ever Academy Ball

Cassidy O'Neal

On Friday, March 3rd, Tallwood High School held their first ever Academy Ball in their commons.

This event had many cultures in it. They had cultural dances and cultural food for the students at the ball. Also, there was a collage of pictures from the Academy’s students travel with Tallwood High School

“What I heard from a lot of the students: this is important because it gave them a chance to come together and relax,” said Mr. Greg Falls, a Social Studies teacher at Tallwood High School.

A little more than a week ago the academy students set up the dance preparing for the guest to arrive at whatever o’clock at night. Students and teachers set up cultural food and practices the dancing they were preparing to perform for the guest.

“I think this event went very well considering it was the first Academy Ball,” said Elizabeth Mitchell, Vice President of the Global Studies Honor Society at Tallwood High School.

When Mitchell asked some students at the event, they all said they were having fun and would definitely go to the ball again next year.

“I hope next year the students will learn from what we did since this is the first time we had an academy ball and I’m hoping students will start planning a little earlier, maybe find a different location then just Tallwood, because it was fun, but if it gets more popular, hopefully soon we can turn it into a more formal dance,” said Arielle Rosenberg, Senior Vice President of Global Studies Honor Society at Tallwood High School.

Elizabeth and Arielle both said that they would try to help next year if able to since they are both graduating this year.

When asked to give advice to the students, Arielle said, “Start early, maybe even during the summer. Don’t just start at the beginning of the school year. You want to start early, find a location, and then coordinate with food and music.”

“Don’t stress about every detail,” said Elizabeth. She continued with, “Don’t stress about every decoration; it will all work out.”

See the links below for stories from the March 22 issue of The Roaring Gazette.

News

GSWLA Holds First Ever Academy Ball by Cassidy O’Neal

Cujardo vs. Pi(e) by Ariana Hernandez

Drama Students to Debut Hairspray this Month by Elena Day

Sports

Tallwood Track Shines at Indoor Nationals by Richard Ruffin

Boys’ Soccer Looks Ahead by Dylan Klepk

Tennis Prepares for Spring Season by Tyler Dennis

Features

Meet a Lion: Ms. Vera Dozier by Ophelia Reid

Opinion

Social Media Facilitates Bullying by Caitlyn Anderson

Tribute to a Favorite Teacher: Mr. Weiss by Marissa Howell

Arts and Entertainment

“For Honor” an Honorable Effort from Ubisoft Games by Charles Romano

“Zoo” Poses a Terrifying “What If?” by Erin Nathan