The student news site of Tallwood High School

Roaring Gazette

• December 31Want to join the Roaring Gazette? Sign up for Journalism class!
  • January 11See Mr. Denvir in rm. A 109 for information about joining the school newspaper!

Roaring Gazette

Roaring Gazette

Softball Team Swings for Success

Even though the 2024 Tallwood softball team is facing an underwhelming number of team members this year, they are striving to persevere. With only 11 players, the softball team is determined to persist.

“We had to merge the players into one team” stated Softball Coach Matthew Myint.

Although a combined JV and Varsity softball team is not ideal, the players have pulled through a few wins so far. With the current record of 5-8-1, the team is looking to increase their wins. This is surely possible because Softball Player Kyleigh Linden has seen improvements in her teammates throughout the season.

“We’ve been able to move [players] around the field and [they] are able to gain more experience,” said Kyleigh.

This demonstrates yet another perseverance the Softball lions have exhibited in this out-of-the-ordinary season.

With their final games being teams they’ve already played against, they should know what to expect for the time ahead and be able to prepare accordingly.

“All of our games coming up are repeat teams we fought hard against, and I feel that we should be able to come out on top this time,” added Kyleigh.

Coach Myint is hopeful despite the setback of playing with a small team, and the team is keeping a positive mindset towards the last half of their season.

“This season is a little more challenging because of the fewer number of players and the talent level and experience of those players… but our outlook for the rest of the season is to be competitive,” stated Coach Myint.

“Although we’ve had a rough start to the season, we should be able to wrap it up cleanly,” said Softball Player Riley Curtice.