“Workshop Magic” on Display in Leadership Workshop’s Fifth Year

Kayla Smith

Tallwood High School held their fifth annual Leadership Workshop on the weekend of February 10 at Triple R Ranch.

To many, this is a life changing experience that gives them a better perspective on life not only as a student, but as an individual. It helps them see that there is more to their peers than they perceive. Through various activities, the delegates are able to bond with their designated council and compete to win awards. The colors represented this year strayed away from the traditional scheme we see at Tallwood Leadership Workshop. These colors included pink, blue, red, green, and purple.

Cheyanne Buck, a Sophomore varsity softball player here at Tallwood said, “Lynx has by far been my favorite council. They made me laugh and it was always great to be around them.” This just goes to show how close some of the council’s got.

Connor Bishop, a Junior here at Tallwood High School stated, “Honestly, I wasn’t even excited about going to this thing at first. Like, I was kinda forced to sign up. But, I am glad I was forced, because I got to meet my family at this workshop.”

The delegates are not the only ones who had positive things to say about their workshop experience. Our big message is based around taking it back to Tallwood. This year, we truly believe that the students will take back various things with them ranging from leadership skills to growing bonds.

Abbie Watkins, Tallwood High School workshop coordinator said, “This was the smoothest workshop in Tallwood’s history and that’s because of how hard you guys worked.”

Inspired by the hard work put in by the coordinators this year, Christian Belgrave, a Junior here at Tallwood said, “Next year I am going to try to apply to be workshop coordinator.”

The inspiration is not just limited to underclassmen, though. Tallwood High Senior Barrett Miller says that he wants to apply to be on staff for VLBW (Virginia Beach Leadership Workshop) as a result of seeing how much of a difference this year’s staff at Tallwood’s Leadership Workshop made.

Aside from taking it back to Tallwood, workshop also has another saying: “Workshop Magic.” This means so much more than just keeping everything a secret. Workshop Magic pertains to workshop making a difference in many lives, allowing individuals to break out of their shells and create bonds that last a lifetime.

Tallwood’s Leadership Workshop this year definitely displayed the true definition of workshop magic.