Tallwood to Hold Blood Drive in March

Elena Day

Tallwood is supporting the American Red Cross by getting students to donate a small amount of blood on March 1st during school. Students must be at least sixteen years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, and be in good health to be eligible.

To participate a permission slip needs to be filled out by parents for sixteen and seventeen year olds. A form stating your schedule for A days is required as well. Both forms can be found taped to the wall by room 211.

When asked about why she wants to donate blood, Ariana Hernandez, a tenth grade student, responded, “To help someone in need of blood. Also I want to get out of class.”

The blood drive will last all day and food will be provided to everyone who was involved. Students will pick a block that is most convenient for them and will donate at that time. Students must also bring photo I.D.

“I received around thirty-thirty five forms, but we can take about eighty,” said Mrs. Trevino, Biology teacher.

The blood from students will help a great number of people in need. More information can be obtained by listening to the morning announcements or by visiting room 211. Tallwood has supported the American Red Cross by holding one drive per year.

“I found out from a friend and from my foods teacher, Mrs. Ericson,” said Hernandez.

Sign up sheets are still available if anyone is interested but must be in before March first. An appointment card will be brought to your A-1 class on February twenty third.

Photo of Ariana Hernandez by Elena Day.