WorldQuest Looks to Another Successful Year

Bethany Hansel, Staff Writer

For those interested in partaking in a fun, tight-knit group of intellectuals looking for an opportunity to show off their knowledge in historical and current events, World Quest is the ideal club to join.

This stimulating and interactive club is the perfect opportunity for students to enhance their knowledge and exercise their brains in the most interesting and uplifting way possible. Students have the opportunity to participate in either the JV or varsity team, each of which comprise of eight enthusiastic individuals who work together to prepare for the upcoming competitions against other local high schools.

Winning the national competition in Washington DC is what the World Quest varsity team strives for throughout the year. It is not an easy feat, and it is one that Tallwood’s team has yet to accomplish in the four years the club has been running. However, hopes are high for this year’s competition, for the turnout and participation has drastically improved this year, and the club consists of perhaps the most excited and motivated students yet.

The students are working hard to prepare for the upcoming regional competition, which is the only competition standing in their way of attending nationals. At each meeting, the teams practice quizzing each other and adding as many fascinating tidbits of information to their continuously growing mental list. Each meeting provides the optimal environment for students to have the organized yet enjoyable and lively atmosphere to exercise their knowledge along with the other friendly and informative members.

For anyone who is interested in the historical and current happenings of the world, World Quest is the place to come together with other like-minded individuals and delight in the extensive knowledge of those around. It is highly recommended that those who could see themselves having fun and thriving in this sort of environment should add World Quest to their list of high school extracurriculars.