Next Spirit Week Starts March 27

Cassidy O'Neal

On Monday, March 27th, 2017, Tallwood High School’s students and faculty will start their spirit week that will lead up to their pep rally on Friday the 31st.

The spirit week and pep rally was originally supposed to be on the week of March 6th-10th, but due to certain circumstances it had to be moved to the end of the month.

“Sometimes schedules collide, and unfortunately plans need to be changed. The Spring/Winter pep rally got postponed simply because of testing schedule conflicts,” said Carresa Talens-Pagan, Senior Co-Pep Rally Chairman at Tallwood High School.

“When there’s a spirit week leading up to pep rally, it gives students so much energy and excitement, it’s amazing! The best spirit weeks are the ones with pep rallies at the end! It gives the students something to look forward to at the end of the week,” said Jack Schmeiser, Sophomore Co-Pep Rally Chairman at Tallwood High School. Spirit weeks usually do lead up to pep rally because of the idea that is brings more spirit to the rally.

Jack and Carresa both spoke positively about each other when asked what it was like working together. They both said that they are working very hard to prepare for pep rally.

SCA’s Pep Rally Chairmen are getting ready for the pep rally in many ways.

“We have a lot meetings with Mrs. Johnson and Dr. Avila, and we paint our posters in advance,” said Jack Schmeiser.

“My main goal for this pep rally is to make it as fun as possibly for the students while being efficient and organized and full of lion pride!” said Carresa Talens-Pagan.

This upcoming spirit week days are: Monday-College Day, Tuesday-Tacky Tourist, Wednesday-Brains vs. Brawns, Thursday-Greaser Day, and Friday- “Yeah I go to Tallwood” Day.

“I think students will be most excited for ‘Yeah I Go To Tallwood’ Day because our school has a large amount of school pride. Also, many of the students have school apparel, and with the Tallwood stereotypes going around now of days I believe students will really embrace their lion’s pride because within us resides the lion’s pride,” said Braydon Beckwith, Junior at Tallwood High School, SCA Treasurer, and Citywide SCA Vice-Chairman.