Class of 2018 Makes Holiday Cards for a Good Cause

Aniyah Lewis, News Editor

On the Tuesdays of November 15th and 22nd, the class of 2018 held meetings devoted to crafting homemade holiday cards to be sold from those dates up to Friday, December 16th.

Up to thirty students flocked to these meetings to help construct these little tokens of holiday cheer. By the end of the second session over 140 cards had been made.

“In the past, we have sold out of cards before the end of the card sales, ” states Class of 2018 sponsor, Mrs. Arianna Hall.

Each card sets the class of 2018 that much closer to their goal of $200. Cards can be purchased for just $2 each or even less when purchased within a bundle. Look out for spirited signs displaying prices and additional information outside the library.

Mrs.Hall states, “Since a typical Hallmark card costs $2.99-$4.99, the homemade holiday cards by the Junior class are quite a bargain.”

Not only are they inexpensive, but they benefit a worthy cause as well. Each donation goes to the VBEF Beach Bags which provide students with  non-perishable food items.

In regards to the positive community outreach of this activity, Mrs. Hall states,  “The holiday cards are the first step for the community service project.”  

This will not be the last of the homemade card stations. Expect to see them throughout the year for various other holidays.