Jordan Delegation Enjoys Their Visit

Hayden Daniels, Staff Writer

Here at Tallwood High, we are lucky to host delegations from different countries over the course of the school year.  Our school celebrates the students who visit us by making sure they are as comfortable as possible and enjoy their time with us. This year, Tallwood started a new agreement with the country of Jordan and had a new delegation visit us.

It was around October 11th that the Jordan delegation had first arrived here from their country. They, like any other delegation that visits us, were able to stay with host families, which means they were able to stay with the families of students that attend the Global Studies and World Languages Academy.

I was able to get to talk to Yasmeen, Najati and Fahed, three of the ten guests that made up the Jordan delegation. It was clear they had enjoyed their visit quite a bit.

“They’re really welcoming,” Yasmeen said when asked about her host family.

Najati had mentioned how much food they he had eaten. “They gave us a lot of food, we had lots of fun,” she said.

Although their school and our school do have similarities, it seemed that there were some differences as well. “School starts at 7:30, we start at 9:00,” said Fahed. “The weather is colder here… There is much more students here, there’s 2,002 , we have like 90 people everyday. We have much less people, we know, like, everyone.”

Regarding Tallwood, Yasmeen said, “I like the people, how accepting they are… The school is very multicultural.”

Hopefully, this will lead to new relationships with the students and allow us to have more cultural opportunities.